From our simple beginning in 1965, The Peterborough Theatre Guild has entertained thousands of Peterborough area residents and visitors alike with award winning live theatre. The troupe performs its plays in the Guildhall located at 364 Rogers Street in Peterborough. The building (formerly St. Luke’s Anglican Church) was gutted by fire in 1959. A local group of theatre enthusiasts raised the funds to purchase the old church and after extensive renovations, staged their first play just a few years later. Because of the hard work and dedication by this group of people, the Theatre Guild is the only producing theatre company in the region which owns its own theatre.
For more than fifty years the Guild has provided high quality theatre to the Peterborough community. We proudly continue this tradition and hope that our audience will continue to enjoy performances and get involved by volunteering onstage and backstage. Our doors are open. Come and learn what community theatre is all about.
Chair, Peterborough Theatre Guild Board of Directors