PTG Volunteer Positions
Web Volunteers Needed
An ever increasing number of people are getting much of their information from the web.
To increase the PTG presence on the web we are currently looking for volunteers to:
- add information about upcoming PTG events to community websites. (no knowledge of HTML needed)
- maintain the PTG Google calendar (no knowledge of HTML needed)
- maintain the PTG audition and shows lists (some knowledge of HTML would be helpful)
All of these jobs can be done from home as long as you have an internect connection.
If you are interested in any of these positions please contact the PTG webmaster for more information.
While the membership is our core, the Peterborough Theatre Guild runs on the power of our volunteers. The cost of a Guild ticket is about the same as the service charge on a theatre ticket in Toronto. We seek out no government grants for our productions and still put on eight plays a year in our own facility. Volunteers make this all possible. While the audience sees perhaps half a dozen actors on stage, it takes a team of up to 100 people to make a show happen. Some work for one evening, some throughout the entire planning, developing and performing of a play. Others serve year-round on our Board, Executive and other committees.
We are always looking for people to fill the following roles (for those new to theatre, we have skilled and talented people who can train you in all these areas):
- box office (processing ticket orders & passing out tickets)
- set building
- set painting
- props (both in play planning and backstage during the play)
- technical (running sound and lighting)
- stage make-up (experience with make-up helps)
- production assistant
- costumes (sewing experience needed)
- dressers (helping actors off and on with costumes)
- general stage hands
Those with more experience can assist with:
- Stage managing
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Lighting Design
- Sound Design
We also need volunteers to help out with all sorts of other tasks from archiving to lobby decorating to bartending and also to serve on standing committees which deal with everything from memberships to play selection.
The rewards of volunteering are many:
- you will learn what it takes to put on stage play
- experience working in an exciting and fast-paced team environment
- feel the thrill of watching an audience react to a play you helped create.
Mostly, you’ll be helping to keep one of Ontario’s outstanding community theatres vibrant and alive.
Learn More About Volunteering at the PTG
If you are interested in discussing any of these possibilities, send an email to our
with the word volunteer as the subject. In the body of the e-mail include:
- your name
- your phone number
- your e-mail address
- a short description of your interests